Contributors

Followers

Saturday, October 21, 2006


Text from Geneve performance following Foofwa d'Imobilite's Incidences performance on 10/20/06.
I performed from laptop, partially improvising the following text (improvising over another text, hence "INTERFERENCE"). Foofwa translated for the audience. I must say this went brilliantly -

INTERFERENCE
I have no idea how to begin. These pieces are explorations
of dance-movement translated into alien spaces. This is sound bounced from New York to Chicago then back to West Virgnia then back to New York using Internet 2. Everything is out of sync. Thiis is Foofwa's dance troop doing a synchronized exercise from "swimming."
It's difficult to figure how to get into this material for me. For one thing the laptop was acting up. We found a toy gun in California and scanned it in West Virginia - deconstructing it atthe same time. Ok we did this with a tree as well
This will go on until I stop it.
Sometimes you get up in the morning and its not the right thing to say. Do you know the United States is at WAR with Iraq!? I found out today - that's really bad. They were looking for illegal immigrants and look what they came up with - WEAPOONS OF MASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS DESTRUCTION~! I knew my United States
MY UNITED STATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
would come through in the end. And everybody thought that Bush was a two bit terrorist who was anti-gay? Whatever happened to his daughters? They're probably fucking Rumseld.
I look on this as therapy. While I'm playiing with software programs (the very latest!_ (not really)) - there are a numbetr of species going extinct per hour.
But they can all move to the Arcitic. By the way polar bears have turned cannibal and elephants are raping other species - this is true - as animals find their habitat disappiearing. What these abstract imags ar -
the body is divided into 17 segments and these are then captured while a dancer moves - the movements are captured - and then - then you can map them on to for example people -
These people practiced for weeks to get it right and I had to pay them to get naked.
Now we can take this mapping of figures onto figures - dancers onto avatar dancers - and we can map into entirely new spaces and content - So this is a dancer transformed.
Well hell this has no use whatsoever but I'm fascinated by the extentions of the body - When you play around with software like this you can enter the world of dreams so quickly...
I can't find my way outshide this world.

Dance. How can I make this entertaining? We shall witness
men and women amputated at the brain! They cannot think!
They can only dance! Dansez Dansez! O Here is Azure being scanned. The laser destroyed one of my cameras. I have learned not to work in the real world. ui, c'est tout! Pourquoi?

They are ne real pas, ils dansez le "reel." I make a map of this
dance. Je fabrique un plan von der Unterwelt. They have no Now in order to get away from legs I have moved into the interior of avatars... So this is what it looks like from inside -

They have no arms. Quel dommage! Pourqoi? POURQUOI?
Parceque ce'st mois! La Divine! Ceas vrai! Wirklich! I will make
their interieures! Inside them! You will see!
I forgot the trees. Here is a tree being scanned by a laser sending the signal out - From here you can move deep into the dtree .. there are other things to see.... You can see the laser burn.
The best way to proceed I think is to hmmm... Is to go into the real world as little as possible... and then bring back whatever you need like going to a 7-11 or something - Is this going ok Foofwa? Uh it seems to lack coherency. I wish I was home making new avatars on my computer to fuck with.
Later no earlier
in 2006 I don't know what happened, I showed work - real pieces of things and computers - in Los Angels - you can actually stumble over wires once you leave home.
One absolutely has to know how to inhabit theoretical digital space.
Every other space will become poisonous. This space now this space here - this space is a ruler being taken apart by a laser - you can study it and see how measurement began.
I keep thinking I've got some terrible disease and am just about to die (SOB!) so I need your sympathy vote!
This is my partner Azure Azul being deconstructed on a bad hair day. So I'm thinking of war and extinctions and the nightmare the world is turning into and atomic bombs going off and being unable to sleep and I can't help making stupid jokes. Like the maarx brothers - it's a kind of immigrant fever -
More mapping of dancers. Foofwa is the only person I know who could dance this.
The advantage of a dancer: You'll have your body at the end of the world.
The disadvantage of a dancer: You'll have your body at the end of the world.
And you will send signals to yourself.
You will send signals to yourself.
You'll look in the mirror and say hello world.
And nothing will say anything back.
Not even you.
Susan Sontag I think wrote about the tens of thousand of birds that died at 9/11.
In New York they erected a memorial of lights. The lights went high in the sky and interacted with migrating flocks of birds.
Ten thousand birds died because of the memorial.
So the question is: How do you make art - not after Auschwitz -
but IN Auschwitz? Because we are at the gates and work arbeit does nothing for us.

Dance, alas, how can I ever make sense? Together we shall see
human beings with brains and minds cut out! They can't think!
They never could! All they can do is dance! Well, really, is
that all? Why for the Sake of God! They're not real now, are
they? They dance the reel! They dance the jig! I'll make a
pretty picture of this dance! I'll make a map of the Underworld!
They have no legs! They don't have arms either! If I could dance - if I could really dance - I wouldn't be doing any of this - why bother? You have your body on your back and your back on your body and that's all you'd need.
When you look at the world correctly, on what basis can you do anything at all?
Hello I am the world. I don't have anything at al. They don't have
brains either! They don't have minds either! This is terrible
damage! I am a cheese! Why, WHY? For the love of the Dear Lord!
Because it's me! I made them! I'm the Author of the World! The
Divine! The Divine Sarah Bernhardt! The Jew! It's True! Really!
I will make their interiors! We'll go inside them! You and I,
we'll go inside their bellies! We'll wear the Pubic Hair! You'll
see! Just wait! You'll see!

Bonjour, salaam, shalom, hello! I will kill myself! Why is this
night different from all other nights? Because I am here? These
are my people! My little people! They run around the room! I
play my harmonica for you. A little aire, a tiny aire, surely
something you have heard before?
Because we can bounce sound around the world like this.
But we can't stop trade in rhino horns.
Azure struggles with the avatar. The avatar has to avoid the swords. The swords make the avatar angry. Azure writhes in pain. If she moves she will be cut by the swords.The swords are dream sword.s They do not exist in reality. In reality I am home at the moment comfortably seated in front of my computer. And Im working on new exciting software programs called
RHINO
WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION
ABU GHARAYB (fun to play!)
Guantanamo
Afghanistan
North Korea
Pakistan
United States
China
This is how I imagine EMPIRE - something in the form of a dream. And if EMPIRE stays a dream then everything
then everything will be
then everything will be okay.
Then everything will be okay.

Thank you.

No comments: