Contributors

Followers

Friday, December 08, 2006





Some images from the Alps. It seems a dream we were there; I'd rather be there, now, than anywhere else. There was an incredible amount left to do. Images of Foofwa d'Imobilite, Maud Liardon, Azure Carter.

Quite cold here. More work is up on YouTube. I'd urge you to go to the www.asondheim.org page for more pristine but longer-to-download video.

I've been playing around with LISP; I'm not good with programming, but interested. LISP programs are within parentheses; I've started to write a 'phenomenology of the parenthetical' - when the subordinate is literally all there is.

I've been rethinking the sexuality which characterizes a lot of my work. I can't put it up here; I can't put it on YouTube and given the repressive climate in the US, I shouldn't put it anywhere. Sexuality is completely overdetermined; there's no way to make it 'work' except by giving in totally to it. And to do this eliminates the framework - the parenthetical- altogether. In fact this elimination recuperates not only the real, but untrammeled desire, that is desire against the productions of the law, whatever one might think of justice. So the work becomes hard to see.
It is a contamination of vision, not the visual. And so I'm thinking through this. And it's incredibly tiring to think about this; it goes on and on - like Ourboros, you're back where you started from with problematic feelings and audience responses. Who would think, from outside the species or culture, that so much swirls around the reproductive? But of course it's here that the Other appears.

No comments: