Contributors

Blog Archive

Followers

Tuesday, April 18, 2006


These are 4 'experimental' works with the 1850s (or so) Alpine zither - 1a is the 'residue'
from ib; 2 and 3 are independent. This probably concludes the zither material. For me,
plateau1a these are the most mesmerizing of all the zither pieces. They were also the
plateau1b most difficult to play. Strings are tuned to firsts/fifths/minor thirds and
plateau2 assorted. Zither provides a kind of solace for me (against the violence of the
plateau3 world) (against depression) (keeping me alive) (against nightmares of
torture). It opens intensive event-spaces related to the solar magnetosphere and other
very low frequency radio phenomena. It brings history up short. Meanwhile I go
through the usual headaches, allergy attacks, reeling, oh and plateau3 was played in
an entirely different body position, other reaches across the fingerboard. I am so
mesmeric! Infuriating only myself. I can't think clearly, but that's what happens when
I read Shelley and Badiou in one continuous and sullen moment.

No comments: